Kajol braves extreme conditions to shoot song in “Fanaa”
Sub-heading: Kajol shares behind-the-scenes details of shooting “Mere Haath Mein” for “Fanaa”
Kajol recently took to social media to celebrate the 17th anniversary of her 2006 film, “Fanaa”, during which she shared some fascinating details about the shooting experience. She revealed that she filmed the song “Mere Haath Mein” at -27 degrees Celsius in Poland wearing just a “thin chiffon salwar kameez on a frozen lake, with the wind chill”. Her co-star Aamir Khan, on the other hand, had bought himself a thick jacket to wear for the shoot.
However, despite their hard work, the entire song had to be scrapped and reshot on a set in Mumbai. Despite this, Kajol saluted women and heroines all over the world who push themselves to extreme limits in order to accomplish their work.
Kajol shared a clip comprising sequences from “Fanaa” with “Mere Haath Mein” playing in the background. She wrote: “One of my oh so many ‘comebacks’ but Zooni (her character’s name) will always remain special to me simply because I just had to be me without my glasses. Nerds rock! And since you guys loved my memories let me give you some more.”
Kajol went on to add, “Poland was -27 degrees centigrade on the first day of shoot and I was wearing a thin chiffon salwar kameez on a frozen lake with the wind chill factor aside… Aamir Khan, on the other hand, had bought himself a nice thick jacket from the local market just for the shoot. So, his face did not have the natural pain that was there on my frozen face! And the cherry on top of the whole scenario was that the whole song was scrapped and RESHOT when we got back to Mumbai! Can we all just salute women and heroines all over the world who do these things and much worse just to look good!”
- Kajol filmed the song “Mere Haath Mein” at -27 degrees Celsius in Poland for the film “Fanaa”.
- Despite the extreme conditions, Kajol had to wear a thin chiffon salwar kameez on a frozen lake, whereas her co-star Aamir Khan bought himself a thick jacket.
- The entire song had to be scrapped and reshot on a set in Mumbai.
- Kajol saluted women and heroines all over the world who push themselves to extreme limits to accomplish their work.
- “Fanaa” is the story of a blind woman named Zooni Ali Beg (played by Kajol) and Rehan Khan (Aamir Khan) who fall in love but face tragedy due to a terrorist attack.