Sub-heading: Urvashi Rautela Makes Headlines with Iconic Crocodile Necklace at Cannes
Bollywood actress Urvashi Rautela is in the limelight once again, but this time it’s not just because of her stunning appearances at the 76th Cannes Film Festival. The actress made a bold sartorial choice on the first day of the festival, sporting a breathtaking necklace shaped like intertwining crocodiles. Here’s all you need to know about the iconic necklace and why Urvashi Rautela chose to wear it.
The Unique Design and Fascinating History of the Necklace
- The crocodile necklace by Cartier is crafted in gold and adorned with diamonds and cabochon emeralds.
- It was first commissioned by a Mexican actress, Maria Felix, in 1975, who was inspired by her pet baby crocodile.
- The necklace was designed to resemble the crocodile’s face and features as closely as possible.
- The necklace is part of Cartier’s collection of historic jewelry and can also be detached and used as separate brooches.
- In 2018, Cartier recreated the iconic crocodile necklace along with three additional companion pieces.
- The exact price of the necklace remains undisclosed.
Urvashi Rautela’s Choice to Wear the Necklace
- Urvashi Rautela shared that the crocodile necklace is one of her favorites and she loves the design and diamonds on it.
- She believes that being a proud Indian at the Cannes Film Festival, there has to be something unique and different to wear.
- The actress paired the necklace with a fuchsia gown by Sima Couture and shared several photos and videos on social media, expressing her gratitude towards the festival.
The Crocodile Necklace’s Celebrity Status
- Apart from Maria Felix herself, only actress Monica Bellucci has worn the original crocodile necklace.
- Interestingly, Monica Bellucci also wore the necklace to Cannes in 2006.
- Urvashi Rautela’s bold choice to wear the necklace at Cannes has made it go viral once again, highlighting its status as an iconic piece of jewelry.
Urvashi Rautela’s fashion-forward choice to wear the crocodile necklace by Cartier at the Cannes Film Festival has showcased her daring personality and love for unique jewelry. With its fascinating history and celebrity status, the iconic necklace has once again captured the attention of jewelry lovers around the world.