Divya Dutta almost rejected her acclaimed role in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag because of Farhan Akhtar: Here’s why
Many of us have had celebrity crushes at some point or another, but for actress Divya Dutta, it almost caused her to reject a now iconic role in the hit film, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag.
Sub-Heading: Why Divya almost said no to Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
Paragraph 1: Divya Dutta almost turned down her role as Ishri Kaur in the film because of her crush on co-star Farhan Akhtar.
- Divya initially couldn’t see herself playing the role of Farhan’s sister in the movie.
- Believing that Farhan Akhtar was a phenomenal actor, she was convinced that he could play the role of Milkha Singh flawlessly.
- However, after director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra managed to convince her to play Ishri Kaur, Divya’s performance was hailed by both audiences and critics alike.
Sub-Heading: A Chance to Work With Legendary Director Yash Chopra
Paragraph 2: Recently, Divya opened up about her experience working with Yash Chopra, whom she had always wanted to work with.
- Yash Chopra relaunched Divya in his film Veer Zaara, in which she played the role of Shabbo.
- This role helped to re-establish Divya’s career, leading to her appearing in numerous successful Hindi films.
- Divya made her debut in the industry with Ishq Mein Jeena Ishq Mein Marna in 1994 before going on to win critical acclaim for her performances in movies such as Badlapur and Delhi-6.
In conclusion, Divya Dutta’s impressive career trajectory serves as an inspiration to those who aspire to work in the Indian film industry. From almost rejecting one of her most iconic roles to being relaunched by one of the industry’s most legendary directors, she proves that hard work and perseverance can lead to great success.