Priyanka Chopra’s ‘Citadel’ Episode 5 sees surprise cameo appearance by Varun Dhawan
The buzz around Priyanka Chopra’s ‘Citadel’ has been sky-high ever since its release, and it seems that it is only going to increase with every passing day. The fifth episode of the highly-anticipated spy-thriller, which stars Priyanka Chopra and Richard Madden in lead roles, recently aired, and it had a big surprise in store for fans. The episode saw Varun Dhawan making a cameo appearance, setting the stage for the Indian instalment of the franchise which is set to star Varun Dhawan and Samantha Ruth Prabhu in the lead roles.
Here’s everything you need to know about Varun Dhawan’s appearance and what it means for the series:
Varun Dhawan makes a surprise cameo appearance in ‘Citadel’ Episode 5.
- In the episode, Priyanka, aka Nadia, makes a phone call to Rahi Gambhir, who is revealed to be her father.
- The caller’s voice is instantly recognisable as Varun Dhawan’s, setting up his appearance in the finale.
- All three installments of the franchise are interconnected, forming an interlinked universe.
- Varun Dhawan will play Priyanka’s onscreen father in the series and has even lent his voice for the role played by Paul Bazely.
- Interestingly, Varun’s story is set in the past, adding to the intrigue surrounding the franchise.
Priyanka Chopra had previously remained tight-lipped regarding whether Varun Dhawan and Samantha Ruth Prabhu would appear in the Indian installment of ‘Citadel’. However, with Varun’s surprise cameo in Episode 5, it is almost certain that the two will be appearing in the series.
‘Citadel’ is being created by Raj and DK and has already been renewed for a second season. The US version of the series will stream its final episode on May 26 and also stars Stanley Tucci in a key role.
Fans will undoubtedly be eager to see what surprises and revelations are in store for them as ‘Citadel’s interlinked universe of spies and intrigue unfolds.