Abhishek Bachchan looks forward to working with father Amitabh Bachchan in “memorable” films
Collaborating with his father, Amitabh Bachchan, is always a delight for Abhishek Bachchan. The father-son duo has delivered memorable performances in several films, including “Bunty Aur Babli” and “Paa.” Even though they enjoy working together, they ensure that their choices are responsible and worthy of their audience’s time.
Abhishek shared his sentiments in an interview with PTI on the sidelines of the IIFA Weekend and Awards in Abu Dhabi. He also discussed his upcoming film, “Ghoomer,” which is directed by R Balki and inspired by the story of Hungarian shooter Karoly Takacs.
Here are some of the highlights from his interview:
Father-son duo’s previous work:
- “Bunty Aur Babli”
- Ram Gopal Varma-directed “Sarkar” and “Sarkar Raj”
- Karan Johar’s “Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna”
- R Balki’s “Paa”
Collaborations as responsible actors:
- “We understand the responsibility towards our audience,” Abhishek said.
- “We wait for the right script and as soon as that happens, we are happy to work together.”
Upcoming film “Ghoomer”:
- Directed by R Balki
- Inspired by Hungarian shooter Karoly Takacs
- Features a special appearance by Amitabh Bachchan
- Balki’s recurring theme: “Balki doesn’t make movies without my dad, he is his lucky charm. So, even if it is for one shot (he will take him).”
Memorable IIFA performance:
- Performed on hit chartbuster track “Kajra Re” with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Amitabh Bachchan in 2005
- Song is from “Bunty Aur Babli”
- Impromptu decision to pull up Amitabh Bachchan from the audience
Hosting the IIFA awards:
- “There is a huge responsibility when you are hosting,” Abhishek said.
- “We have to ensure that we celebrate our cinema in the most correct, dignified and respectful way possible.”
Other upcoming films:
- Hindi remake of 2019 Tamil comedy drama “KD”
- Shoojit Sircar’s untitled slice-of-life drama, which will start shooting in August
Abhishek’s admiration for Shoojit Sircar:
- “Shoojit is a dear friend. I have known him since the start of his career, when he was in advertising. I feel happy and honoured to work with him. I have a lot of love and respect for him.”
Abhishek’s interview sheds light on his creative process and journey as an actor. Fans can look forward to seeing more from the father-son duo in their upcoming film “Ghoomer” and Abhishek’s other projects.